Union College B.A.
English Major, Theatre Arts/Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies Minors
Honors & Awards
Edward Everett Hale Jr. Prize for best essay by a Sophomore or Junior
Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society Historian
Order of Omega Greek Honor Society Vice President
Dean’s List Recipient
“A New York ‘Signature’: Looking Inside Nine Pin Cider”, Drinks Trade Australia, Summer 2021, Issue 81
Issue link, pages 52-54
Critical Theory Dictionary, Union College Manifold
The Diary of Jonathan Pearson, Union College Manifold
January 2021-January 2022
Public Relations Vice President, Gamma Phi Beta, Union College
- Serve as a member of the chapter’s executive council, represent the interests of the Public Relations department at executive council meetings and communicate pertinent information back to the department.
- Supervise the work of all Public Relations department officers: set goals with officers, lead regular department meetings, monitor the department budget and communicate regularly with all department officers and their advisors.
- Oversee website and all social media accounts while implementing a comprehensive public relations plan.
- Implement inclusive ways to promote belonging, equity, diversity and inclusion to improve public relations with campus community.
- Encourage philanthropic involvement and participation within fraternity and sorority life organizations and campus student organizations.
Student, Summer IDEaS Program at Schaffer Library, Union College
- Learn and apply data and computing technologies, such as Tableau and Voyant.
- Independently manage and complete research tasks, submitting proof of work weekly.
- Write and publish an annotated digital edition of a historical diary.
- Collaborate with cohorts and research supervisor as necessary.
Office Assistant, Union College Office of Residential Life
- Independently opened, closed, and monitored the office during business hours.
- Answered 20+ incoming calls daily and provided instructions to students, parents, and businesses per training instructions.
- Built and maintained office organizational system, cataloguing over 2,000 keys and student room assignments.
- Mainatined a positive attitude at all times in a fast-paced environment.
- Logged and scheduled hours into Kronos.
Intern, Hip Media Australia
- Coordinated meetings, on-boarding, and all projects from a different time zone, in a fully remote capacity.
- Assisted with the writing and publishing of content such as press releases to websites and social media.
- Assisted the current editor with edit, sub, proof and review of editorials.
- Researched, wrote, and published a featured digital story on the impact of Covid on local bars and restaurants.
January 2020-January 2021
Sisterhood Chair, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority at Union College
- Coordinate with other leaders within the Education and Public Relations departments to improve relations within the chapter and with the general student body
- Plan 3 sisterhood events a term to facilitate involvement within the sorority
January 2019-January 2020
Co-Chair, Green House Minerva at Union College
- Organize 2 weekly meetings with general council and e-board members
- Plan and implement 15 events per term to encourage community engagement
- Direct use of budget of $25,000 per year with proper documentation
Sophomore Research Seminar, “Transformative Partnerships in the Arts and Humanities”
- Investigated the value of traditional “humanities” skills, such as public speaking or critical thinking
- Researched the application of legal and philosophical theory to current issues in a 15-page academic paper
London Mini Term Abroad
- 3-week cultural immersion experience on the history of British theatre
- Emphasis on independent study and exploration in collaboration with the Royal Academy of the Dramatic Arts (RADA)